SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_270115832

Walk-in wardrobe/mudroom at house front entrance?

Max G
2 years ago

Hello I'm new here. I'm looking for someone to talk some sense into me. I've just bought a house and the front entrance doesn't have a coat closet. Well it does, but it's about 10 feet away, past a den room that is about 10 feet by 9 feet.

We plan to use this front entrance a lot. We don't drive that much, and the thought of using the garage entrance as the most used entrance doesn't really sound good to me.

So this is my wacky idea: using that den room as sort of a massive walk-in wardrobe/mudroom. Shoes, coats, dog walking stuff, big mirrors, nice cozy seating to put on shoes etc.

There's space at the front entrance for some coat hooks for our most used jackets and guests jackets. And dirty/snowy shoes would still be left at the front entrance on an entry rug. But we don't want it too cluttered, just essentials.

I'm more interested in functionality for our lives than whether something is against the norm.

We don't really have a plan for that den room otherwise.

Here's a pic of the home blueprints to get more of a visual:

And a photo of the den:

I don't have a photo of the main entrance as I just bought the house and haven't taken possesion yet.

What do you think? Thanks!

Comments (12)