SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roxpiper

Help me choose new siding!

Roxanne
2 years ago

We are going to replace the aluminum siding on our home with Hardiplank, and I need help choosing ASAP!

On Monday, a large truck snagged our powerline, ripping it and the meter off of the house and damaging the ancient, ugly aluminium siding. The silver lining for us is that the insurance company will need to replace all the siding because the aluminium stuff is no longer available. They will pay to replace it with vinyl siding, and we're thinking about upgrading to Hardiplank since we have the opportunity to save a ton of money doing so

in the next couple of years, we will extend the back of the house, hopefully adopting a bit of a MCM or contemporary vibe. That may or may not matter right now, but thought I'd throw it out there

There are options for smooth and Cedarmill (woodgrain), both of which can come with or without a bead (see photos)—and can be horizontal or vertical. I'm sorta liking the vertical, but wanted to see what y'all think

So what would you choose? Horizontal or vertical? Beaded or unbeaded?

In a previous thread, members suggested using buff or olive rather than white, which sounds good to me. If you have other color suggestions, please let me know as well

Front of house - larger than it looks since we're on a hill

Front porch - couldn't capture in the photo above due to shadow. Excuse the clutter. . .it's been a nightmare week due to the four-day power outage

Stone on front of house - it's real stone (like 4" thick), not a facade

Left side of house - any suggestions on how to cover the white hose? We'll be removing the A/C unit

Right side of house, where the power line and meter box were ripped out of the house on Monday

Back of house - my son is a professional woodworker, and his overflow is currently on the patio 🙄

HARDIPLANK OPTIONS:

Comments (9)