SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soulflowerpetals460

Quartz Countertop raw cut uneven gap with wall

My installer gave me a kitchen countertop that's not even a straight cut next to the wall. Looks like a cracked slab that they didn't even bother to cut. When I mentioned this to the installer, he gave me a BS explanation that it was meant to go around a corner. What?! They are returning tomorrow to repair another issue with another slab, and came up with another BS excuse in the mean time that they were told that "back" wall would be tiled (hence covering the raw cut). First, it's not the back wall but the side wall. Second, none of our discussions mentioned anything about tiling, much less which walls I was going to tile.
Pics show a tile spacer of 3/16" that I found in the demo debris of my former tiled breakfast bar. The raw cut at it's widest gap measures 3/16". How can this be fixed? I don't want to be forced to put tile where I never intended to place tile. It'd look very strange and out of balance overall not to mention the extra.time and money to tile a wall that I never wanted tiled only to cover up their sloppy fabrication.

Comments (18)