SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tara_walker69

Ply Gym Variform Pewter

Tara Walker
2 years ago

We are having a house built and are looking at either General Shale Shadow Gray Tudor brick OR Manor House Tudor.
It will be full front brick EXCEPT for the gable over the front porch and the gable at the end of the garage facing the road (courtyard entry garage where doors are faced inward) and the rest will be siding. We really like a gray siding but need help deciding what would look the best. I keep thinking a light gray would make it "too" gray with the Shadow Gray Tudor. But will a light gray siding match the Manor House Tudor? We will have black shutters. Roof is undecided between pewter gray or charcoal.
Any input is greatly appreciated! The house will be 1900 sq ft with the "L" being on the left at 1000 sq ft (40' x 25').
Also, we live in a small town and will have an empty lot on both sides of us, yet still in a neighborhood. We probably won't ever do this again and I'm literally losing sleep at night worrying about exterior colors 🙄
Thank you in advance for any helpful input.

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2 years ago

I need to see the drawings of the house.

• PRO
    PPF.
    2 years ago

You may help others help you by attaching images of all your choices, as well as the house. It's best for you if you can obtain samples of all the materials and work with them together.

• Tara Walker
    Original Author
    2 years ago

You are correct, sorry about that.

The first two photos are what shape the house is (an L shape). The second is the view from the front. It shoes it as wainscoting but ours will be full brick, I just don't have an updated drawing.

• Tara Walker
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Here are both brick options with the light gray next to it.

We don't have a photo yet of the pewter gray next to them.

Also I'm including our gray choices for vinyl.

We want it to look modern and not boring.

Will the pewter make our house look tiny? We have a big garage at 1000 sq ft (we think it's big anyway) but the house itself is 1900 sq ft (we are downsizing from a 2 story larger home now that the kids are grown).

Then there's also the shingles. Timberline pewter or charcoal.

Geesh, I may need a drink as we have limited time to decide. We already had our colors chosen until yesterday when we were informed that General Shale won't be making anymore Twilight Canyon for awhile. Now we are back to square one on exterior color scheme.

The last photo is one we like but would it look as nice on a 1 story house? Don't know. And this gray is called "aged pewter" but I assume close to our pewter choice, just different brand.

Oh geez! Wishing I had some decorating background to know what to do!

Thank you so much for even taking the time to read and respond. I sincerely appreciate it.

• PRO
    PPF.
    2 years ago

Couple of suggestions unrelated to your question.

Nice simple house. Consider adding a window on the right, enlarge the beam over the columns, increase the size of the columns (I only did the two flanking the door, and eliminate one of the columns.

I'd add a side wall window in each of the bedrooms too.

• PRO