SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_renee82

How can I fix a messed up flooring application?

Ashley Renee
2 years ago

Hello, I'm new here & need some advice. My husband & I installed peel & stick vinyl tile in our kids bathroom a few months ago with no experience.. So we made a lot of mistakes :( for one thing, we grouted... With regular sanded grout! We also didn't know these tiles needed to be "rolled" to activate the adhesive!! Upon finding this out, I didn't go ahead with sealing the grout, instead planning to remove it & start over. Of course the grout started to crack in the meantime. Now I have all the tiles and grout torn out & I'm back to the very thin layer of concrete my husband applied to our wood subfloor. Because of the unfinished flooring, my kids usual splashing in the bath started to get under the tiles and now even the wood subfloor is a bit wet :( I'm wondering how can I reinstall tiles?! I bought new ones but I don't know what's the first step from here. I also bought a waterproof sealer to add (hoping to prevent the same problem in the future!) Can I add that, and if so, when (as in which step, what layer)? Thanks in advance!

Comments (3)