SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_122296673

New flooring or keep existing??

Angie F
2 years ago

Hello!

I'm having trouble deciding what to do. We are getting rid of carpet in our bedrooms and would like to replace with LVP (we have 2 kids and 2 dogs). My husband and I found one we really love and wouldn't mind putting it throughout the rest of the house (it's a single story home). We like lighter woods, and It's a light hickory wood pattern. I have a bit of a mid century aesthetic in my ranch home.

Here's the problem. We currently have American cherry engineered flooring in our living room and the main hallway which connects to all the rooms. When we first installed it 11 years ago, it was much lighter. Now it's darkened to more of a orange/reddish color and has a few scratches but overall it's still in decent condition . I have some guilt about getting rid of them even though I'm not in love with them. I did find a LVY in american cherry that matches the flooring if I were to leave it. But again, not sure what to do. Suggestions? Do I take the whole thing off and start over with the new flooring we like or leave it and get matching flooring for the bedrooms? I've attached pics of the current floor that leads to the bedrooms (and the carpet we are replacing).

Comments (6)