SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mojave99

Which countertop do you like better?

Mojave
2 years ago

I’m planning on replacing the current dark gray granite in my home with a something much lighter. Besides being too dark with the nearly black cabinets, I can’t stand the bulbous edge.

Quartz was my first consideration and I found LG Viatera Lumina which looks like it would work really well with my tile floor and overall color scheme. It has subtle veining with warm grays and a barely there gold. My concerns are cost at $115 a sq foot, and that the marble-ish look will be out of style soon. Also, less of a concern but something I should consider are potential issues with quartz in terms of chipping and maybe staining.

I also spotted this Allen and Roth solid surface (generic corian). The terrazzo pattern is fun and the colors are perfect (gray and terracotta). It is half the price of the LG Quartz. Concerns here have to do with whether or not it looks cheap. I think the pattern is fun, but it has a soft appearance in that the chips themselves don’t appear sharp and crisp(if that makes sense). I get that terrazzo is trendy now, I’ve always loved it though.

Current stainless steel sink will be replaced with a white or sea salt colored under mount enameled cast iron. All of the current appliances are being swapped out for brand new Bosch ones and the driving force behind that decision (to replace four year old decent GE ss appliances) is that I want the super easy to clean induction range. I want my countertops to be worry free and low maintenance too. Last house had honed marble, I want the total opposite this time around.

Sample of the quartz- looks less warm IRL

Allen &Roth solid surface Terrazo Sea Glass (the sample on the floor is the LG Lumina sample)

Comments (2)