SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlynn1187

Help needed - Living room furniture/decor arrangement!

jlynn1187
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello! We just purchased a new home and would love some ideas for how we can arrange the living room furniture and decor. We’re struggling because there are windows on either side of the fireplace and the room is a bit narrow. I don’t love having the TV over the fireplace (I’d rather use it for decor), but there aren’t many options. We have an L-shaped light gray sectional similar in size to the one pictured—I’d love to ditch it and get something new but my husband wants to see if we can make it work. If we must buy new because it absolutely will not work, we will!

Our style is contemporary farmhouse—grays, creams/whites, blues, greenery and rustic touches. The room seems very dark to me so we’d love to figure out ways to make it lighter, brighter and more open… with the right furniture arrangement, rug, lighting, decor, plants, paint colors, window trearments (should we keep what they have or do curtains? other ideas?)… The room connects to the kitchen at the far end (which is also a bit dark for my taste with the dark cabinets, so we may paint them white/cream). We’d love for the space to flow together.

FYI - we will probably paint the second floor railing as well.

Here are some photos of the space taken from different angles. Hopefully these help!

**The furniture/decor pictured belongs to the current owners, its not ours**

And here are some inspiration photos for the style I’d love to incorporate (minus the white couches because…kids):

Comments (18)