SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_793940867

Help me with mcm upgrade ideas without painting the kitchen cabinets

Liz Blazina
2 years ago

Hi Houzz folks, we have a mcm duplex that we are upgrading and need some design input/suggestions. Ideally we are looking for design and color that is both classic, but also be enticing for renters. Since it is small( around 865 sq ft we would like to lighten it up some, but also retain the modern elements. We are not able to reposition the cabinets as they were built as one piece, and would like to keep the kitchen cabinets unpainted. Currently there are a lot of dark woods competing and I see the hallway as perhaps a way to add light and interest. Attached are photos of the rooms needing some cohesive design . This unit is on the left side of the schematic below. So far I have Urban bronze as a front door color, would like to incorporate a pop of color somewhere and thought the hallway was too dark so this could be a bold stroke idea. We are open though. Thanks for any input.

color. Attached are a few photos. We are thinking Urban bronze for the entry door . The rest can all be changed.

kitchen

long hallway( maybe paint door wall all one color

Bathroom(at the end of hallway)

living room (hallway to the left of this photo)and kitchen to the right( wall is structural so cannot open up)

full view of bathroom

Comments (5)