Framing a bedroom wall against a mullion

last month
last modified: last month

I would like to partition a large room with a wide metal-framed window into two smaller bedrooms by building a partition wall perpendicular to the window and touching it along a vertical mullion as shown below.

Is that possible? easy?

There may be several challenges:

1. New wall needs to curve around window sill so it touches both existing wall and window,

2. The mullion is probably thinner than the separation wall,

3. Ideally, the partition wall would resemble a normal bedroom wall

4. In particular, I'd like the wall to achieve a decent amount of sound proofing.

Any advice on whether this is doable, commonly done, or companies that do that in NYC, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments (5)