SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kris_mooney74

Another interior repaint for selling... one neutral color?

Celticmoon
2 years ago

Looking to sell and decided to have everything painted. Currently main rooms & halls are SW Rice Grain, ceilings Nacre, and trim Dover White. We've been happy, though the Rice Grain tilts a little yellow in some strong southwest light. Other rooms are varied: Ellen Kennon Khaki (kitchen), Gustavian Grey & Pumice (bedrooms) & Greige (bath); SW Natural Linen, All are fairly similar - though I OBSESSED over each and every one. It all works, but it needs repainting.

My painter is recommending a plain pure white on all trim and ceilings (some are now done in the wall color) and a single wall color. I could maybe stretch that to two wall colors. ... Ah, but what wall color(s)?

The house gets a ton of light. Floors are stranded bamboo and Marmoleum, both have a coppery tone. Counters are early Corian Almond, an off white with a hint of green that comes out rarely to fight with some wall colors. Cabinetry is mostly Espresso,

Years ago a designer recommended SW Wool Skein for the large main areas but I chose the Rice Grain - in retrospect her recommendation probably would not be doing that yellow thing. I have read that Wool Skein can sometimes flash a a green undertone - I don't have a problem with that. An alternative like SW Accessible Beige wouldn't risk going green, but seems too pinky gray.

Three questions:

White ceilings everywhere? (ditch the Nacre)

White trim everywhere? (ditch the Dover White)

Wool Skein on all walls? Dang, I will miss all the variations, especially the Ellen Kennon shifting colors. But we gotta get this done.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths