SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bed5159

Tiles on Arch in Small Bath

bed5159
2 years ago

So, I’ve posted a few times about this bathroom I’m flipping and I need help on the tile. I asked in the last post but people were more concerned about the tub I was going to put in, which we’ve changed to just a deeper drop in tub. (Side note: I know some people want me to keep this tub to keep the character of the house, but it’s not possible, it has to be ripped out to deal with the leaking and damage it’s caused underneath on top of how damaged it is anyway) What kind of tile should I use to go over that arch without having to make a million cuts? I’m pretty much convinced the best thing would be the mesh backed tiles, but what kind? Shape? Color? Grout? And then also the walls and floors, same question. Paint colors would be helpful too, if you know a good neutral that would fit. I don’t really want to go super modern and cold with the design, it’s a 50s home with lots of arches and warm wood floors, so I’d like to keep the character just updated. Also I am having to go with the console sink shown because the maximum depth of the sink for the door to open is 16”, and I think this has a more vintage vibe than the wall mounted ones but there is a whole closet of storage behind the door which I’m going to make half open shelving, so I don’t really need a vanity.

Comments (3)