SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_162796369

Keeping people off front yard

HU-162796369
2 years ago

I have a tiny front yard (zone 8a) bordered by a sidewalk in the front, a park entrance sidewalk & split rail fence on the side, and a school bus stop where the two meet.

The grass area is about 15’x20’ with a dogwood tree in the middle. We have a large widened driveway and the parents let their kids play all over our driveway and run all over our yard. One of them even smacked my birdfeeder the other day and last spring one of them threw bouncy balls at my garage. Parents don’t say anything. Recently the parents have started standing on my yard, doing circles with their strollers all over my driveway, and leaning against the tree as well. I am their age, but am seen as the uppity one that doesn’t have kids. I’m not uppity! I live in the same crappy neighborhood. How do I (1) not piss them off so they retalliate by hurting my house or dogs, (2) keep them off my damn lawn, (3) keep my curb appeal and property value high so I can get as much for this house as possiblye when I can finally afford to move?

Comments (9)