SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisas31240

help please. are my cabinets a really poor choice

lisas31240
2 years ago

Hi everyone. I’m totally cabinetry illiterate. We decided to redo our kitchen - after thinking we weren’t going to bc we are planning a move- but while replacing the floors I got this idea that putting some stock cabinets up would be better than leaving the 30 year old high gloss white. Welllll- my husband went to lowes and was like maybe those are too inexpensive and poor quality. And somehow we got caught up in doing it quickly and the custom cabinet wait time was 14 weeks and 24 weeks. And so we ended up at express kitchens (with 3 kids and the nicest contractor) and i actually was hugely disappointed in the choices for quick ship. everything I truly liked was 20+ weeks. So I said sure. whatever. thinking Im moving soon. which now is looking like thats delayed. I got like shaker white cabinets. they’re half in. Can I paint them another white to match the crown molding. It’s not a large kitchen and it was 7-8k for the cabinets. And our home has good value on a street with houses all beautiful and large and special. I feel like it doesn’t fit the house. it deserved like custom wood inset cabinets. Do i just try painting them a custom white? Do I buy better doors? I guess they are mostly wood and some HDF whatever that is. ugh. Did I just waste 10k and I start over? Thanks so much.

Comments (10)