SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
antonia_stlros

Unattractive structure on Marble slab

Antonia Stålros
2 years ago

Hi,

I need your expertise on and your opinion on the Marble table i just bought.

I am not happy with the texture of the veins and the over all esthetic look of the table.

I think the veins look funny and looks "to close to surface", it has no depth. And the table has two different patterns.

1. Do you think its attractive?

2. Do you like the structure and the combination of veins and color in the background?

3. Does it have a have a some what coherent pattern?

In my opinion the slab should have a coherent pattern behavior to be attractive. The combination of veins and color in the background is crucial for the aesthetic result. And the veins and color shades of my table do not match. The location of the veins should be thoughtful and create continuity. I think the veins look funny and too white and lays "to close to surface", it has no depth.

Had I had the opportunity to see the slab before i bought it, I would never have bought it.

I tried to get a new table but the store do not want to give me a new one since there is no factory damage on the product.

BR, A

Pictre taken from the "bad side"

Close up on the structure I dont like.

The veins look to "shallow" close to the surface unlike the other side of the table. It looks like they cut it wrong in some strange way :)

This is the better side in my opinion

Beautiful veins with more depth to them

Picture of the whole table.

Antonia

Comments (6)