SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
llewellynn

What's causing these reddish brown edges on my spider plant leaves?

Llewellyn
2 years ago

Concerned about my spider plant after noticing reddish brown lesions forming along the tips & edges of leaves! Have been dealing with a horrible, stubborn fungal infection in several other houseplants, as well as rust on my outdoor plants :( so wondering if either of those diseases have spread to my spider?

What I have tried already:

- 3% Hydrogen peroxide root soak, (2 tablespoons per quart water)

- 3% Hydrogen peroxide spray (1/4 cup per quart water)

- Neem oil spray (1 teaspoon per quart water)

- Removing dead leaves at base of plant and any leaves that develop lesions on them

Was going to try the Cornell formula next (baking soda, insecticidal soap, horticultural oil spray). My only other thought is that since I have thrown a LOT at my houseplant plants this past month trying to prevent the spread of the fungal infection I mentioned above, maybe these lesions are damage caused by the various fungicides themselves? Similar to fertilizer burn?

The plant had been very healthy up until this point, growing quickly and putting out babies. Northeast facing window, pot has drainage, plenty of perlite and some peat moss in the spoil, have been watering once a week this summer.

I would be so grateful for any help and advice!! I love my plant babies and watching them get slammed with various ailments this summer after years of being happy and healthy has been absolutely devastating :(

Comments (3)