SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roseseek

Looking for I Zingari..... AGAIN

roseseek
2 years ago

It's been well over twenty-five years since I obtained I Zingari from Rose Hills Cemetery and began spreading it around. Now, it appears extinct. The Garden of Pernetianas collection of Pernetiana roses from Vintage Gardens has a mis labeled rose as I Zingari, which may well mean the one supposedly growing in the Friends of Vintage Gardens collection is also mis named. The two private gardens listed on HMF are dead ends. One, I know is deceased. The other very well may be. The rose is gone from The San Jose Heritage. The Bentall garden in Britain which is collecting the Pemberton roses has the wrong rose. The European nurseries offering it are also offering the incorrect rose. The unlisted garden which has shown photos of it on HMF, no longer has it as I know the gentleman and he reports he lost it a while ago. So, might anyone here happen to still grow I Zingari, please? Or, is it finally extinct? You don't know how much it pains me to type that.... Thank you for any assistance you can provide. Kim

Comments (4)