SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pritchardjenny0

“Performance” Fabrics & cleaning a code confusion

Jennifer P
2 years ago

Trying to choose fabrics for sofas and a sectional with 4 small children, 2 cats, 2 dogs and have ruined enough furniture in the past to make me gun shy. As I’m researching, feeling and testing out samples from brands like crypton, sunbrella, insideOut I’m finding that they all make a generic claim under the label “performance fabric” but some have very low rub counts, some don’t even have W cleaning codes.

Searching for what TRULY is the most “life proof” fabric option to withstand high use?

I’m confused between cleaning codes W, then some say SW and some say WS....apparently SW and WS are not the same- which is the easiest to clean? Or which gives me beat chance of getting out a variety of stains without calling a professional?

And what does the “double backing standard” mean? Some samples have that question and put a yes or no answer. Do I WANT a double backing standard? Is it bad if it says no?

Is there a particular “make up” that is best? For instance- some just say 100% polyester and I’ve had 100% poly before not labeled performance and it wasn’t impressive.

I’d like made in the USA also- so crypton says that but only a few colors are ACTUALLY made in the USA. Fabric dilemma is not my forte and the research is exhausting. I’d give up where it’s made if the fabric was actually impressive performance

Any advice?

Comments (2)