SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
travis_reason

Small but complicated project. Not sure who to hire.

Travis Reason
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi!

Basically I'm looking for someone who can do the following:

A. Split a large closet that is located between two bedrooms into two small closets. This means creating an opening from one bedroom (where there is currently a wall) + installing a closet door there AND building a wall in the large close to effectively split it in two.

B. I have a very wide entrance into the bedroom with no door. I need someone who can close up the gap by extending the wall about 32 inches, and then install a door with frame. This project might be tricky because the outside of the entry way is a little lower than what would accommodate a standard 80 inch door height, so may need someone who can also raise the entry.

C. A part of my hallway has a 8 inch gap in it, and I'd like to add some walls and closet door to turn it into a closet.

All this requires some demolition, building wall frames, installing door frames, and putting up drywall. The work isn't so elaborate that it constitutes a "remodel" or major renovation, but it does require a few specialties. It's somewhere in between general "handy man" and full fledged "contractor".

Any idea what type of profession I should be looking for? Is it possible a really good "handy man" could handle this or do I have to go with a full fledged contractor for renovating, even if the job overall is not that big?

Thanks!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living