SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gettinghome

Loba 2K Invisible Protect on rift white oak floors - project summary

Scott E
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I replaced all of my hardwood floors, via LBJ Construction, with 4” wide solid rift white oak (concrete foundation with a tar and a solid screed system). I really wanted a clean modern look to replace the old floors. I did quite a bit of reading online about floor finishes and decided to pursue the Loba 2K Invisible Protect (my thanks to those who have posted their experiences with this finish — on Houzz and elsewhere, including Mommy-to-Max). I reached out to the regional Loba representative, Adam Morin, and with his assistance I was able to contract with Daniel Wood Floors. Adam was absolutely wonderful to work with on my project (providing samples, even a courtesy site visit and answering my many questions, which helped me make the final decision). Daniel Wood Floors followed the Loba installation protocols and they did a very good job on the installation.

Based upon the recommendations on Houzz (and elsewhere), I decided to have 3 coats of the Loba 2K Invisible Protect with no stain or sealant - for a more natural wood look. I was a bit worried about water and oil penetration and staining on 2 coat installations, which I had read about.

I’ve had the finish on my floors for over 2 months and had absolutely no issues with staining, foot prints, etc. The old floors had Bona stain, Bonaseal and Bona Naturale Commercial Matte finish. I’d say the Loba 2K Invisible Protect seems stronger and much easier to maintain (i.e., cleaning and looking good). We were very careful to follow all of the Loba use guidelines - (we waited more than the Loba time recommendations for first use, furniture and rugs - to be on the safe side.)

The feel of the floors is not fully flat and smooth (compared to the Bona finish). You can feel some of the woodgrain - which I like/prefer. On the Loba website, it states ”natural texture and feel are similar to untreated wood floors”. I would amend their statement to ”…somewhat similar to smooth sanded untreated wood floors” It is not rough at all - everyone who has been in my home has said they like the finish look and the feel of the floors on their feet (no shoes allow in the home).

Adding a picture of the floors for reference.

Comments (5)