SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_726263248

Window treatments for sliding door + 2 windows in Master Bedroom

Maureen
2 years ago

I'm hoping someone has advice on how to treat these windows. The master bedroom in the house we're building has an 8' W x 8'H sliding door to the patio, flanked on both sides by 24" W x 89" H windows. There's 10.5" space between the windows and wall, and 14" between the slider and windows. We would like to not obstruct our view during the day, but need a treatment that will be room darkening at night. Complete blackout isn't necessary. We will be using the sliding door frequently but not necessarily every day. Our style is rustic/eclectic. The lack of stackback space around the windows is stumping me.

Options we've considered are:

Mounting Silhouettes on the outside of all 3 windows, but not sure they won't look strange, or if they will last being raised every day.

Lined Drapes: if I used 3 rods, the drapes on the windows would pull to the sides, drapes on the slider would pull from the center. I can sew, so this would be a less expensive option, and was thinking that ripplefold drapes might fit in the stackback space.

Bi-fold plantation shutters on the slider and shutters on both windows.

Sheer vertical shades. These look nice online, but have yet to find an actual display locally. I really don't like vertical blinds from 20 years ago. Does anyone have experience with these?

This is a not great photo of the window, cut off by a door. I attached a diagram, not to scale.

Thanks for any help!

Comment (1)