SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rae110

Need help centering dining room lights

rae110
2 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I need help on where to place the lights in the dining room. Should they be centered to a window or just to the dining table? We'll have 2 ceiling LEDs with a pendant light in between.

The dots are possible spots for the 3 lights.

a. Blue dots (6ft from wall #4): centered to horizontal window #3. We think it leaves too much room between the chairs and the wall #4.

b. Green dots (5.3ft from wall #4): centered to window #2 per general contractor's suggestion but that still leaves too much room behind the chairs and wall #4.

c. Red dots (4ft from wall #4): centered to where we think the dining table should be. However, the lights won't be centered to any of the windows. I don't think it matters that much but GC said it might look off.

The wall length on the left (where window #1 and #2 are) is 7ft. Centering the lights between the 2 windows will leave 22" from the edge of the table to the wall #4. I read the recommendation to leave 36" space between table and wall so people can pass by but we'll only have 2 chairs by the wall so there is no need for people to walk behind the chairs. This is the same with our set up at the current house and while it's doable, I think it's a little tight, hence thinking to move it slightly to where the red dots are.

Table dimension is 92"x40".

Appreciate any input you have. Thank you.

Comments (23)