SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sushipup1

Strange little occurance

sushipup1
2 years ago

This just felt strange. Reading the paper this morning (how many still read papers?) and I skim the obituaries. We just moved here to the Philadelphia area from Northern California 5-1/2 years ago, so we don't know a lot of people, but sometimes a name jumps out or I get to read about someone who led an interesting life.

So references to San Francisco jumped out at me this morning, but the name didn't seem familiar.

Until I read the obit. Turns out it was a man who we had had shared "Bear Backer" football tickets at Cal for a number of years from the early 80's for about 10 years. He bought the tickets because his company would match the donation part of the cost that went to the athletic dept. I wrote the checks or the name would not have meant much, we didn't know him socially otherwise, just through mutual friends.

He had few ties to Philadelphia, just that he had gone to school here, And he had slightly changed the spelling of his name to better correspond to the pronunciation, so it wasn't the name I recall.

Just a lot of memories of good times at the football games. Out of the blue.

Comments (15)