SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carol0512

what color for sofa slip cover and living room rug?

Carol
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I am dated in my thoughts. Do not want a granny decor but the house is old, brick, and small. Drapes are lined, and paired with sheer curtains. Sofa in front of drapes needs a slipcover, and I still need a rug. Thinking chocolate brown rug, size will be 8 x 10, random width wood floors painted dark red/brown terra brun SW color. Walls are vanilla. photos are with flash and without flash. without a rug, noise echoes in the house, and in winter the house is colder. How would you use color on the sofa and the rug to enhance the drape colors? Furniture dark wood/reddish undertone.

Oil lamp which is electric is a family heirloom. I like that setup, table, lamp, peacock in blue bowl and Monet Water lilies above the table. Curtain leads to upstairs and right now is keeping the air conditioned air downstairs.

Photos show everything don't they. just saw the wood block in the window - has to go, that drape is up because of the air conditioner and the weather is hot and humid right now. The white cabinet holds craft supplies and is a display area. I have too much going in a small space, too confusing to the eye, too many colors. Thinking I have the wrong style of rug design, that perhaps an oriental would pull some of it together. What do you think? Color? Long, Long ago I was given a Karastan oriental which was old when given and has since given out. I can not afford to but such a good rug again but would like a nice rug. The rug that is down right now is a wash outside type of room. I will not slip but it really doesn't please me. Being stuck inside for the past year, the bright rug has grown to really bother me. Or do you think it is just the mish mash of colors and the wrong color slip cover on the sofa. I also have champagne color drapes that are lined. Can switch out.

Comments (9)