SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_958681346

Kitchen cabinet crown molding, ceiling molding, different sizes?

Chris
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We have single crown molding on the cabinets which go all the way up to the 10' ceiling in the kitchen.

We thought we'd have double crown on the ceiling but are thinking this'll look weird where double crown abuts the cabinets, which would be between the windows and possibly at the cased opening, not sure if we have that as the casing is really close to the ceiling.

Couple of questions:

• Would double molding abutting the single on the cabinets look strange?
  • Would it look okay to leave the molding off above the windows use double crown everywhere else?
  • The opening to the family room is the furr down outlined in red, that will have molding, double or single.
  • Would it look good using double crown on the furr down (circled in red)
  • The picture you see was taken from in the dining room looking into the kitchen
  • Should we just go with single crown molding all around in the kitchen, and use double inside the dining room?
  • Looking from the dining room opening into the kitchen is how it looks from the kitchen into the dining. I need to ask my carpenter if there's any crown above the casing or just a 1-by "ledge", I'd think probably not. So there's really very little crown in the kitchen other than on the furr down looking at the family room (circled in red).
  • Does it look to you like there'd be any crown above the casing? I don't think so but will know tomorrow. If that's the case, there's not much molding in the kitchen - see the questions above.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (5)