SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelli_ga

What shade of white should I paint the living room?

kelli_ga
2 years ago

Are there any white paint colors that you have used and loved?

My living room does not get a lot of natural light, so most whites will look a bit gray. The ceiling and trim will probably be something close to Ben Moore White (doesn’t have to be that color though). Kitchen cabinets will probably be close to Sherwin Williams Pure White, but those are in another room that can be closed off. I just installed a white ceiling fan that is a little off-white. The fireplace is red brick with highlights and lowlights. I may whitewash the fireplace later, or not. Floor is wood plank tiles close to natural pine color but a bit more brown/neutral.

Current furniture and decor is medium gray, espresso wood tones, aqua and navy accents which can easily be changed. I will add more color in accessories later.

I would like to paint the walls a white color that contrasts slightly with the trim and ceiling. Not sure if I should go with yellow or pink or peach tones, or just a general color that is off-white.

I had a creamy yellow BM color called Collector’s Item is a sunny room in my previous home. It was nice, but a totally different room. I don’t think I want to go that yellow in here. I dislike traditional cream and ivory colors. (I like grays and beiges and taupes, but not for this room.)

Any suggestions? I am not good at blending white paint colors. I just need more natural light reflecting in here.

Here is the floor sample:

Comments (5)