SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
popmama

Grown in a greenhouse versus my home

popmama (Colorado, USDA z5)
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I purchased a few cuttings from a forum member back in December. I purchased Diptera, Bhutanica, and Brevialata. I received two of each plant. So I kept one of each and gave the second one to my friend who owns a nursery. I'll just refer to him as The Witch Doctor. Haha.

Anyway, I was visiting him today and he was showing me the progress. "It's not fair!" I exclaimed. The ones he grew took off. Here they are lined up together. Left to right: my diptera cuttings, one of the dipteras he grew, one of the bhutanicas he grew, and my bhutanica which has one new leaf.

Just look at the bhutanica! It's huge and as a whole vine that is now split into two vines!

He still has one more of each of these because he chopped up the cuttings into multiple propagations.

Moral of this story: greenhouse good!

He gave me this Diptera and Bhutanica today. I feel like I don't deserve to have these since I did give them to him to propagate and sell. But he insisted on giving them to me. In return, I will take the ones I have back to him and he can grow them out too. Not at all a fair trade, but he's so nice to me.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions