SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiffanie_wong

Master bath layout/floor plan advice needed.

Tiffanie Wong
2 years ago

Hello,

We are remodeling our master bathroom that also connects to a small walk in closet. Here's a little bit about the space: When you walk into the bathroom area, there is a double vanity on the left and open space to the right. Next to the vanity is a door that leads into the toilet and step in shower. Next to the open space on the right, there's another door that leads into a small walk in closet. The closet is basically to the right of the toilet and step in shower, separated by a wall. What I had envisioned is to break down the wall between the vanity and the toilet to open up the space. Then, extend the closet out into the unused open space. My dilemma is if we should reconfigure the entire layout and make the bathroom a little wider but have a more narrow closet so that there isn’t a part of the wall jutting out, or just keep the existing width and extend the closet to the unused open space to extend the length of the closet. I’m also wondering if putting up a wall to extend the closet would make the entire bathroom feel smaller. I have attached some pictures and have drawn out 2 different layouts. Please help! Thanks in advance!

Comments (4)