SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mew_mix

What should I do with the excess natural gas bbq line?

Mew Mix
2 years ago

Hi

I am planning on extending my natural gas bbq line/hose. I need about 2 feet more to reach the new position where I want to put my new bbq.

(I recenty bought some patio furniture and that took up the original spot for the bbq.)

But before I do any changes to the gas line, I need to know what to do with the longer hose.

Should I leave it on the ground?

(But that means it will probably get walked on, because it will have to run across the section where we enter the patio area. And I think that may be dangerous.)

Or should I make it go above the patio area and then back down to the bbq using the posts and the ceiling?

(Im not a professional so I dont know if thats even allowed or if the gas will work with that many curves in the line. That’s why I am posting on here :) And I’ll need a longer hose for this because the covered patio ceilings are high.

Or should I just run it along the outside edge of my patio, or under the outside edge of my patio?

(But then I will need an even longer hose hose, maybe 7 feet.

Or should I just buy another propane bbq?

(I don’t have a bbq yet. I’m planning on purchasing today online but I need to know about the hose. Because my last bbq, that I had for 5 years, was a propane tank bbq but I didn’t even use it for the last 2 years/summers. Because the bbq hood had a crack in it and it wouldn’t get hot enough, so I gave it away to someone who could fix it and use it. And also the propane tank kept running out and its heavy for me to get the tank refilled that often, without help. That’s probably the main reason why I want to take advantage of the natural gas bbq line I already have on my home. And I did have a natural gas bbq prior to the last one and it was so easy to use but now I have the patio furniture in the way and I can’t put them anywhere else, because my patio is not very big.)

If you have any other helpful suggestions I’m all ears!

Thanks and stay safe!

Comments (2)