SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
matxutca

Replacing pendant lights - advice on sizing

Cindy Costa
2 years ago

When my house was built, the builder didn't have anything I really liked for pendant lights so just settled on something knowing that I'd change them out down the road. Well I'm at that point BUT I'm struggling with sizing. I've attached a few photos - the first has notes on it with the existing pendant lights circled in red. The 2nd picture is a layout of pendant lights I like BUT wondering if they are too large. I believe I have the space with the existing ones being 44 inches apart right now and my island is 9 feet long and my ceilings are 10 feet high. I wasn't planning on getting a new dining room light just yet so the other concern is whether the new pendants will be too overwhelming in comparison to the one dining room light (which happens to be approx the same size as one of the proposed pendant lights.) I've attached two other pictures - the island from a different angle and the other side of the open floor plan. Thoughts? Should I go with smaller pendant lights? Should I plan on replacing the dining room light too - maybe with a linear light? Any and all input is welcome. Thanks in advance!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler