SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blitz28179

Couple of questions/ideas about the planters/pots

Randy Man
2 years ago

Ive been thinking about this over the last month and thought I would post here to hear your thoughts. Would love to hear yalls feedback to my questions below. Thanks

1. Why is all the nursey pots black? Black attracts/absorbs heat. I wonder if the same plant planted in a white pot would look healther/less watering than one planted in black over the course of a growing season? Maybe thats proven winners secret on why thier plants looks so healthy and full?? They plant in white pots.

2. Ive been a lawn addict for awhile and most soils become anerboic(water doesnt pentrate) and we use numerous products called wetting agents to spray on our lawns to combat this. I noticed that planters with potting soil do this too, where water runs down the sides, instead of absorning like it should. Would a product like a wetting agent work to help with this issue with planters? I have a few of these wetting agents on hand but only use it on my lawns soil and not the planters. heres a video of what I am talking about

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!