SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovelyjvm22

Living Room arrangement around fireplace

lovelyjvm22
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi everyone

Just recently purchased a home and as soon as you walk in the front door, the first thing you see is the fireplace. I'm assuming this is the focal point. How do I arrange the furniture (Will purchased all new)? Note, no high ceilings and there's two narrow window on but sides of the fireplace. My style is traditional comfy.

Do I place a sofa directly in front of the fireplace and another one on the long wall? But then you'll see the back of the sofa apon entrance. Do I place one sofa on the long wall, another facing the first sofa and have chairs facing the fireplace? But then that'll be a weird angle towards the TV (Will be above fp). Can I change the focal point by putting a large entertainment center on the wall and have the sofa face it? But then you'll see the side of the sofa when entering the house.

Should I get two sofas? A sectional? Side chairs?

What about an accent wall? Do I paint the wall the fireplace is on, since that's the first thing you see? Or paint the side wall? I have no clue what to do with that long side wall if I don't put an entertainment center there.

Thanks in advance

Comments (5)