jasdip1

Wednesday's Brain Game---SOLUTION!!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Comments (48)

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Ok, Sunday has come and gone, I’m smart again!

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I have all except for #1. (and I have a couple of guesses, but neither take the funky font into consideration, so I'm sure they're wrong.)

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

FOAS - haha... I was away from my computer and couldn't see the images clearly on my phone, so had to wait until yesterday when the answers were already posted. I think I recall that there were 2 of them plus the bonus that I never would have gotten. We probably shouldn't let these lull us into a false sense of security!

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

My answer to #1 doesn’t take font into account either. I did think about it for a bit, the answer is neither difficult nor hard.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Smart again!

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I'm not quite sure about #1, I think there is probably a better answer. But, I do have the rest of them, (I think).

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hahahha, enjoy this one while you can. Don't get too complacent; Sunday is coming! 😁😆

• bpath
    2 years ago

Hmm, jasdip, do I read some hand-rubbing and cackling there? Well, bring it on! We enjoy these so much!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I've got two possibilities for the first one, but neither take the font into consideration. But maybe the font is just there to confuse us? The rest are pretty easy.

Rusty

• lily316
    2 years ago

At a glance got them all but 2. I'll need to come back. Maybe I'm too complacent.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

I am pretty sure I have all of these. Time will tell though.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I think one of the words for #1 could be one or two things. Maybe.

I believe i have them all except #4 after one time through, and need to stare at that one a few more times.

• satine100
    2 years ago

Stuck on 1 and 6.

• lily316
    2 years ago

What am I missing on 2? Clue?

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Lily, think drinks or applause or row row row your boat.

I’m questioning my answer to 6. If I say ”church service” does anyone know why and agree?

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Second look at #4 and now i get it.

For #1 the font likely describes the word and when you use them together you should have it, along with the arrow.

Lily, for #2 you need to consider letters and the the shape.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Maybe I’ve underthunk #1.

• lily316
    2 years ago

Sorry, no clues help me on 2. The rest came easily and I know I'll shoot myself how easy 2 is too.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I have an answer for all of them, but whether every one is correct, time will tell...

P.S. for #2 just read the letters individually and note the form.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

"I’m questioning my answer to 6. If I say ”church service” does anyone know why and agree?"

I'm pretty sure I know what you're saying. But that's a lot of extra thinking, I think. Same word, different meaning.

Now I've got another possibility for the 1st one, still not taking the weird font into consideration, though.

Rusty

• User
    2 years ago

I think FOAS gave an excellent clue in his second post this morning for #1.

I agree with ”church service” too, as a clue for the last one. 🙂

Pretty sure I have them all.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

“I'm pretty sure I know what you're saying. But that's a lot of extra thinking, I think.”

That’s intentional. I figured anyone who had my answer would get it, but it wouldn’t give a clue to anyone else.

Maybe at times I’m a little too cryptic when i do give clues, but i prefer that over practically giving the answer away.

• lily316
    2 years ago

FOAS gave me three clues for 2 . I must be brain dead.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Lily what three words (together) can you associate with drinks or applause? Or golf or chemo or bullets? Leave off the last word for row row row your boat. 😉

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

FOAS, you have the answer to 6 -- yes to church;

Lily, you're probably overthinking 2....since nobody else seems to be having trouble with it, I'll be less cryptic. Simply say the letters and then describe the shape (not name the shape, describe it);

And folks, no matter how long I stare at #1, I have no idea what is being depicted in that funky font. I give up.

• User
    2 years ago

lettersatoz, I think the funky font is throwing you off. If the font has something to do with it then I don’t have it either.

Does anyone have an answer that the funky font is necessary?

If not, I’m sticking with my answer.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The font, the spikes have nothing to do with the answer in #1.

• User
    2 years ago

Jasdip, I think you’ve just settled a few minds 🙂

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Whew - thank you Jasdip (and roxsol) -- then I have it. (But I do think it's pretty silly to go that far out of your way to make it look different for it not to mean something.....my brain cells surely could've found a better use - ha!)

• satine100
    2 years ago

I still can't get the last one. Stumped.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Unlike weight, it’s the same on the moon.

• User
    2 years ago

Satine if the USA went from lbs to kgs overnight, what would it cause?

😆

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Rox my Thermapen is doing similar to me! It inexplicably switches back and forth from F to C to F. Nothing like checking on a steak and it unexpectedly says 53°; no idea is that good or bad?!

• User
    2 years ago

Leave it on the grill a bit longer I’d say.😃

Husband would take it off, though.

To be safe, do the poke test. If it moos, go from there.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Ha - #6 might be used to describe the USA's state of mind about the pandemic!

• lily316
    2 years ago

FOAS>>> a little help. I got the first word but still don't get the whole thing. I am so dense sometimes. I got all the rest and this appears to be the easy one. They ARE Cs, aren't they? Not G's.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

They are C's. Now, say C U as if you were saying them in the alphabet.

• lily316
    2 years ago

Okay, I think I have it now. I AM officially dumb!

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

But you got it. A Round of applause for you!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

It's time for the big reveal!

1. Middle of the Road
    2. See You Around
    3. Lost in Space
    4. Safety in Numbers
    5. Hold on a Minute
    6. Mass Confusion

• Lindsey_CA
    2 years ago

I had "Divided Road" for #1 but had all of the others right.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I’m brilliant!

Lindsey - As in dual carriageway? 😀

• Rusty
    2 years ago

My first thought for #1 was 'divided highway'. Then I thought 'middle of the road'. Last night I thought of another answer for it, but can't remember now what it was. But I did get all of the rest of them right. Yay me!

Rusty

• blfenton
    2 years ago

It's nice to be smart - well, for today anyway. Got them all! Yea!

• lily316
    2 years ago

Since I was kindly given clues for 2, I got them all right. My problem with 2 was I kept putting' around' first..duh!

• Lindsey_CA
    2 years ago
  • foodonastump
    2 years ago

I’ve just loved that word since floral_uk introduced me to it on one of these games, and siezed the opportunity to use it.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

All but #1 - which I thought was 'up the road'. Perhaps 'middle of the road' would've been more obvious if there was another arrow coming down from the top too.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH