SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessica_claire26

Luxury end cap ideas?

Jessica Claire
2 years ago

Hello, and thank you in advance. Thus far, we've added the ceiling hung cabinets onto the existing peninsula in our U shaped kitchen. Presumably custom and original to the '67 home. Rock solid. Standard height level + bar height level.
However, I elected to hack off two feet of the hung cabinets, creating a two foot void near the end cap. This was done because the existing walkway is only 32" wide, and I didn't want to lengthen the existing pinch point between the double ovens and peninsula.
I did do this with the intent of having a custom woodworker, or creative, create some piece of functional art in this space. I am creatively challenged, and am now panicking because I can't 'picture' the end result.
We have reserved a few slabs of infinity white quartzite for the counter tops/backsplash, and probable waterfalls. I plan to use hollandlac 98 in black, or dark, for the flat face cabinets.
I'm reaching out in hopes someone has some creative ideas, or inspo pictures, that might work in this area. We do have dogs, and this voided area is the most logical place for dog bowls. I do believe we could possibly add something of function and visual interest in this space, with a little ingenuity we don't possess.
I realize this is out there, and I appreciate any input, good, bad, or otherwise. Lighting and ceiling detail ideas also welcome :-) Thank you!

Comments (4)