SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jason_carlton26

Well water pressure very low

I have well water, and the pressure is usually at around 40 psi. But tonight I noticed that the pressure was pretty low, and when I went to look at the gauge I see that it's less than 5 psi!

The power has flickered a few times in the last week, but nothing in the last 3 or 4 days. But of course it could have been slowly dropping over time and it just now got low enough to be noticeable.

I walked around everywhere (inside and outside) and don't see any leaks or anything. I turned off the valves to the sprinklers, though, and tried turning off the breaker to the pump and the water heater for a minute before turning them back on, but none of that impacted the pressure.

The pressure tank is Wel Flo Pre-Pressurized Water System Tank, model # 24221808:

I replaced the pressure switch several years back, but everything else is 20+ years old.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot whether the problem is the switch, tank, pump, or electrical? Or should I just start with the switch and work my way up until something fixes it?

Comments (14)