SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blaze_1508

Under Cabinet Lights (non hard wire) and a Switch

blaze_1508
2 years ago

Hello All,

I've been doing a lot of research about installing under cabinet lights. I don't need anything too fancy (it's an old kitchen). I've found a product at Home Depot that seems to meet my needs, which are.

What I like about the product is that I can buy a switch that will pair with the lights. It doesn't require a hub or hooked up to my wireless network, and I can mount it next to my current light switches

Here's the product:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Feit-Electric-White-Under-Cabinet-Wireless-Remote-Handheld-with-Mount-Connector-Cord-Batteries-Included-UCL-REMOTE2/313686227

So why not buy this? It seems to be a solid "C" product. Pairing seems to be a nightmare. Also, I have experimented with the Feit undercabinet light and they are "okay"...they seem to cast a shadow from the light casing, which annoys me but isn't a deal breaker. I do like that the undercabinet light has different light levels and kelvin temp.

Are there any products that have a switch that will pair with an undercabinet light? I'm pretty good with google but just can't seem to find something. Everything seems pretty fancy and linked to smart. lights, which I don't need. I do not want a "remote control", which I see tons of products like that.

Thanks for any input and insight. I'm fine with trying out the Feit but just wanted to see if there is something else I can look at.

Comments (3)