SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tricialee_dowis

Dining Room Suggestions Needed!

Tricia Dowis
2 years ago

I need help figuring out what kind of decor and credenza/sideboard I should get for my dining room.

The rug, current credenza, pendant light, curtain rod and curtains are not staying at all. (I’m also moving my dog’s toys elsewhere. Only the table and chairs will be remaining. In terms of lighting, we’re working on replacing ALL the lights downstairs currently with better lights. That way it’ll feel less yellow in the room. Our house is a south facing house with an open concept living/dining room that starts with the sun in the east and ending in the west. Future plans involve replacing the old patio doors with new ones or French doors with blinds.

I’m painting the walls Benjamin Moore’s Wedding Veil, with the trim being Chantilly Lace. I know I want the rug larger at 6x9. I also don’t like that the light isn’t centered… I scooted over the table and rug so it’s more in alignment with the patio doors (not picture in this photo) and I loved it, but the light would have to be a swag light going forward so I could keep it centered over the dining table. That might be okay if I get the right lighting fixture. Our style is transitional mid century modern with a touch of Scandinavian.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments (9)