SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
kelli_ga

Need kitchen countertop to go with marble backsplash

kelli_ga
last month

Hi! New user here. I just moved to a rural property in South Georgia, and I am remodeling the kitchen!

Does anyone have suggestions for countertops I should look at?

I purchased white cabinets, gold-ish wood plank porcelain tile flooring, and this amazing marble backsplash tile that I fell in love with. Now I need to find a countertop that will work with it. Quartz or solid surface would work - just not sure if I should try to match a white tone in the marble, or go with gray or a deeper beige.

The sink and faucet are black, because black sinks are awesome. I installed one at my previous home and it was so easy to take care of. Appliances are stainless. Sink, faucet and appliances are already purchased.

I have plenty of time before the cabinets are delivered. I’m just really curious about what the countertop will be.

Below are pics of the backsplash tile and a sample board I’ve been working with. The backsplash tile will be installed horizontally like normal subway tile. Each tile is 2x6. There are a lot of different colors in the marble tile: beiges, pinks, grays, yellows, rust, taupe, whites, some colors are even close to blue or peach.

(I know I was supposed to wait and choose the backsplash last, but in this case it’s the most important design element in the kitchen.)

(In the pic above, the left middle pic is a gray countertop I was considering. I would like to consider other options including white, beige and patterned. Maybe dark, I don’t know. What do you think?)

Comments (3)