SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amykath

I have really got to vent!

amykath
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I am currently in a training class all this week. I have been with this group in another two week class. I have started a new job btw.

So, today we got into groups and this one girl asked me how old I was. I did not answer and she kept probing. So, I asked her how old she was and she said "young" To preface this I had mentioned my age in the class during the first two week training and she most likely overheard.

Anyway... I go on to say how old do you think I am. She then says 37 and I say no, I am 48. She said she already knew that. I mentioned probably bc I had said it alound before and she told me "no because you look it.

I honestly was so taken aback and floored at how weird and rude it was.

What the heck kind of person would be so mean?! Even if I do look it... you do not say that to someone and in such a weird gamely manner.

I had to get that off my chest!!

EDIT to add... I have been feeling pretty stressed and down for a bit now. I have great things in my life but at the same time I also miss having family as none are left. I also miss having a partner (someone to give me a hug and have my back). Also, my self esteem is a bit in the gutter as well. I already have given up on anything other than being on my own for the rest of my life. So, to get this today really struck a chord.

Comments (149)