SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
randkb

Bathroom windows and neighbors' backyard/back deck?

K B
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We need to do some revisions to our plans because of some errors with the elevation and a tree we can't encroach on. We are also taking the opportunity to make some other changes as well including some windows that were incorrect. The plan for the primary bathroom calls for a medium sliding window above the bathtub. It aligns with the dining room single hung windows below, but those windows need to be changed because they are way off center in the dining room. So, I have played around a little to see if we could change out the bathroom layout to have windows that match the dining room below that looks balanced from the interior and exterior. (We also will be increasing rhe size of the windows beside the bed.) The only potential problem (I think) is that we would have a lot more windows in the primary bath. I like the idea of natural light and potential for fresh air. I am unsure of whether this is a bad idea because our neighbor's deck is probably 35 feet away?and will sit slightly higher than our bathroom. I have no idea how much time they spend out there. We would probably get wood blinds on the windows so we could have them partially open but not completely exposed.
If we did this design, the toilet would be in the dreaded/desired closet, so not exposed most of the time, but we wouldn't have a fantastic view or anything. There would be some trees nearby, but the closest tree will be cut as it is too close to the house. Does this sound like a good idea? Anything I'm missing?

Comments (28)