SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
techgirlny

New KitchenAid range, convection modes not working correctly

techgirlny
2 years ago

I just bought a KitchenAid 36inch gas convection range, the KFGC506JSS. I think we are having some issues with it. First of all, when in the Convection settings (Convection Bake and Convectio Roast), I cannot hear a fan going. It sounds the same whether it is in normal Bake (non convection) or Convection Bake. And I don't think the food is cooking the way it did in my old convection oven. Is there a way to know for sure if the convection is working?

More seriously, the Convection Roast setting is supposed to use the broiler, but the broiler will not turn on in that setting. The broiler does turn on in the Broil setting, but not in Convection Roast. Chicken drumsticks cooked in the Convection Roast setting at 400 were barely cooked after 45 minutes and were definitely not browned. In my old convection oven, they would have been practically incinerated at that point. I would expect the Convection Roast setting to brown the skin on chicken, no?

I suppose I should call Kitchenaid since the stove is only a week old. I am just wondering if there is some troubleshooting I should try first, and if there is some objective way to tell if the convection fan is on.

Thanks

Comments (7)