SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
james1575

Base cabinets for gigantic workstation apron sinks?

James
2 years ago

I am working on a kitchen design focused around an island with a humongous workstation sink - at least 46" wide, but possibly as large as ~57". We've settled on Merillat cabinets, but our cabinet shop has never worked with anything this large. They suggested butting together two 30" sink bases, and cutting out the sides to make a passthrough for the sink.

For those of you who have worked with these ginormous sinks, how did you approach the base cabinets? I see Merillat offers their "Apron Sink Base Extended" in up to 48" wide, but then the vertical depth they allow for the sink seems much higher than what I'd need for a 8" deep sink, so there'd be smaller doors - and I plan to do a trash can under the sink, so doors as tall as possible are ideal. Should I just be looking at cabinets with the fake drawer fronts and deleting the drawers, or doing something else? Is the doubled up 30" cabinet my best bet if I want to go beyond a 48" sink?

If you have a sink this monstrous, I'd love to see pictures of how your cabinet is configured on the inside.

Comments (15)