SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_29375648

Please help me figure out the best layout for my living room!

John Battle
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I'm trying to decide what's the best layout for my living room. I would like to have two "separate" areas in this room: the "living area" and the "reading area".

I already purchased a sofa (3-seater Ceni from Article) and I am planning to get 2 accent chairs from Poly and Bark and a coffee table from Article (either rectangular or square). See pics for details. I have included an old accent chair in the photos just to get a better idea of how it would look with the two Poly and Bark chairs; however, Poly and Bark chairs are a bit bigger than the one I have now.

Here are the options:

OPTION 1: I like this probably the best, although I think placing the chairs there kind of eliminates the "open space" feel of the room when you enter the house.

OPTION 2: If the "living" area would be bigger, I'd probably go with this alternative, and I would add a console next to the wall on the right. However, the chairs kind of "invade" the reading area, I think it just looks weird.

OPTION 3: I like the open space feel when you enter the house. However, I think a small loveseat (around 50 inches) might work better than two chairs? And also, perhaps a square coffee table might work better in this layout.

Which option you think may be better? ANY recommendations on the layout, the furniture, etc. etc. would be highly appreciated!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH