SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_77895661

Exterior Vinyl Siding (trying to decide on which color WHITE)

Rachael Aaaaaa
2 years ago

Please help! We purchased a single family home in October 2020, and are going to have our vinyl siding painted in September. The home is currently yellow with green shutters (a very 80's feel). The vinyl siding is in good shape and does not need to be replaced for another few years, so we are just to have it repainted. We have decided to repaint the siding white, and repaint the shutters and garage doors black. There are so many different color whites to choose from, that I can't decide which white color to use. Our home is southern facing and any color we choose will look different (brighter) in the sun. We get snow in the winter, so I don't want the white color we choose to look dingy or dirty next to bright white snow. I am leaning towards a more stark white color, but know that if I go with cool undertones, it might not reflect well. We have lots of woods behind our house, but no trees on the sides, and only a few large trees in the front yard. Our roof is brown, and we hope to replace that in the next 1-2 years...so for now we will have a white home with black shutters...and a brown roof...not the prettiest combination, but oh well. The three whites I am trying to choose from for the exterior vinyl siding are all Benjamin Moore: 1.) Snowbound, 2.) White Dove, or 3.) a blend of Linen White and White Dove. These are not in order of preference. Please let me know your thoughts! Thank you in advance!! Any other tips you want to throw my way, would also be greatly appreciated. (Next year, we also want to add a portico to the front porch along with 3 dormer windows to the roof, and 2 dormers on the garage.)

Comments (6)