SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piaa

HELP .. height for wall bathroom sconces for 5'2" (me) and 6'2" hubby

piaa
2 years ago

We are at the point of setting all electrical boxes and we have them set 64” from floor (which from what I can tell is the recommended height above finished floor) BUT the sconces we ordered would be almost above my head (they are still out of stock so I can cancel them) and if I lower them to where they would be about mid face they would be about 9” off the counter so would look ridiculous (oh the joys of being short lol)

I found some that are linear and have 2 bulbs (1 up and 1 down) and as I am 5'2" and hubby is 6'2" I think they might be better for both of us so he has light and I have light.

What are everyones thoughts on these lights please - do you think they would give OK light or should I look for others (I do like the look of them) - we have overhead can lighting as well.

Here are the photos of the vanity and the lights will be centered above each 15" set of drawers (so 3 wall sconces) and if we go with the ones in the photos below do we still set the electrical box at 64" ? (the sconce is 22" long total so each bulb is about 9"/10" long once you take out the connection section) ..

CURRENT light that is on order (counter is a little above where the wire is)

POSSIBLE new fixture and height (it still looks high but it is the angle - just the length of the fixture as i didn't draw the fixture on the cardboard haha)

ps: please forgive the wonderful construction clean-up attire LOL and thank you everyone.

Comments (2)