SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emma_lou2

New house plan - exterior ideas

Em
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

My husband and I recently got our new house plans after hiring a different architect, when we weren‘t having luck with the first. The difference was night and day, we are SO happy with the decision! I may post the interior for feedback but I’m really so happy with it after a few changes from the first iteration we received. I like the exterior style (we like very traditional/timeless styles) but I feel like it’s missing something and want some design detail ideas.

Our architect drew it as white painted brick. I love painted brick but after thinking about it, I dont think I want that much painted brick or that much white. We are considering all brick if budget allows - a lighter brick with white mortar probably (not painted), or hardie plank with a brick crawl space - but I want to hear what all you think would look good (including colors if you think hardie plank would be best, and shutter colors). I also feel like the front of the garage is a little plain- does it need a top window? Any other suggestions/changes welcome!

Comments (31)