SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathryn_patenaude_vincent

Need hood vent suggestion ideas!!

Kathryn Vincent
2 years ago

We are buidling a home in Florida. I’m strugglijg with the kitchen. My ceilings with be 12’6” throughtout the kitchen & great room. Initially, I was thinking a beautiful wooden hood vent would be a statement piece. We will be using RTA (ready to assemble) cabinets. We are planning on white cabinets on the perimeter & blue cabinets on the island. I’m happy with the RTA cabinet offering, but the hood selection is something to be desired.

We considered installing a stainless steel hood vent (in attached photo) with an extension that goes up the wall (it would need an extra length of extension due to ceiling height), but I think that will look too industrial. The suggestions from the cabinet companies look bland (I attached drawings). The hood needs to be 30” wide. My fear is if I purchase a bare wooden hood vent online that I’ll have difficulty matching the color/sheen. I could introduce another color for the vent, but I fear that it might be too much for the space. Any alternative suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.

?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!