SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aka_catherinet

How to fix a crack in a 300 gallon Rubbermaid stocktank?

catherinet (5IN)
2 years ago

I had another 300 gallon Rubbermaid stocktank a number of years ago that cracked big time, from leaving it filled with frozen water through winter. I just couldn't fix it. I bought another one and empty it out every Fall and turn it over. Last year and this year it is filled with a water lily. Today I went out to fertilize the lily and saw a leak on the ground. The crack appears to be about 2" long.

I don't know what caused this because I haven't been around this stocktank for a couple weeks.

I've looked at You Tubes about fixing it, and the one that looks most do-able for me is to use a soldering gun and just melt the area around it, into the crack (inside and out). Then I read it helps too to put some JB Waterweld goo over it.

Anyone think this idea might work? The You Tube guy was doing a 100 gallon tank which doesn't have as much pressure in it as a 300 gallon one.

Any experience with this or have any other ideas? It wouldn't be possible to take it somewhere to have it "professionally" fixed.

Thanks,

Comments (9)