SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jackie_cruz42

Countertops for small kitchen

Jackie Cruz
2 years ago

I bought an apt with a tiny tiny TINY kitchen similar in layout to the one in the first photo (you can see the actual hideous monster in pic 2). There isnt much space to work with, and everything is on one wall. I want to update the old laminate countertop (w/ sink) to something nicer, but having a hard time finding any real options. Been to IKEA, Lowes, Home Depot, and have been told my one counter doesn't meet the mininum square footage for them to come out and do the counter. I plan to eventually knock down the wall and expand the kitchen and will re-do all the tile/backsplash, get bigger appliances, and maybe add an island or bar when I do (won't be for about another year or two), but for now I just need it to be in decent enough shape for me to live with/look at. Is it really this difficult with small kitchens? With tiny houses and micro apartments being so trendy recently, I'm surprised it's such a challenge finding a countertop for a single base. Is there some secret way to go about this that I'm just not privvy to? Where do people with small kitchens get pretty stone/stone looking countertops? I've looked into salvaged/leftover reno materials, but I'm not finding anywhere near NYC to check out. If you know a spot, or if you have any creative workaround solutions, please let me know!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!