SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lincoln97

Aprilneverends, thinking of you

The thread about pictures of strangers got me, and others, no doubt, thinking of you and your wonderful art collection. You are missed.

Comments (91)

• lascatx
    2 years ago

April, I saw your first post minutes after you posted -- I was up too late and I struggled to finish my thoughts. I apparently went to bed without submitting. Like others here, I looked after parents and understand much of what you are dealing with. But I didn't have different countries, cultures and COVID to deal with. My heart goes out to you so much.

I'm sorry you are so scared, It must be so hard to face so much feeling so alone. But don't -- reach out. Don't feel bad about calling it like it is. How do others know what you are going through or how to offer support if you don't? That's how we cope and find new strength -- sometimes just from knowing we are not alone. I know you feel alone and scared, and you are far away, but you are not alone. You are also stronger than you know. I admire your grit. You will get through this -- just remember to breathe.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked lascatx
  • martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    2 years ago

Oh how did I iss this?! APRIL. so very glad to know you're ok, even tno you are struggling so. Hang tight. You WILL get through this…..yiu deserve the best!

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked martinca_gw sunset zone 24
  • Related Discussions

Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? Look at this..

Q

Comments (24)
    Glad to know I am not alone!!! When I opened my Elle Decor magazine, that was the page that I opened to, and I just looked at it and thought "wow". I did send the photo to my old friends in the Andrology lab where I used to work with a nice little note that I was thinking of them. And perhaps they would want to get it for the Chief for Boss's Day. lol
    ...See More

Do you think, and rethink, and think again about your choices?

Q

Comments (2)
    I do think and rethink and reorganize and replant.... But the thing that made me laugh was your "with the world going to hell in a hand basket".... That's exactly why my gardens look so good this year, it's the only thing that I can control in these crazy times....
    ...See More

Do you think, and rethink, and think again about your choices?

Q

Comments (46)
    I used to be much more cavalier about discarding roses but I've changed my ways. For one, it takes so long for bands to grow into ornamental plants with little rain. Besides, by now I should know better and be more discriminating in what I order. I know now that Maggie does not ring my chimes but she's staying. Charles Darwin, of which I have two, hardly lasts one day, but I hope with age that will improve. Mrs. Henry Morse is one of those early hybrid teas that take forever to put on growth so that might have been a mistake. I'll try fish solution to hurry her along. Mme. Antoine Mari's flowers are really too delicate for the heat, but there again I hope she'll toughen up with age. Sometimes I wish desperately that I could begin the whole process over again, amend the soil properly before planting, install drip watering right away and choose roses as though my life depended on it. Oh well.....
    ...See More

Aprilneverends,

Q

Comments (39)
    Thank you so very much i can't explain properly how much it means to me, and how much it helps, all your incredible words, all your wishes, all your prayers, all your support, all your wisdom, all your generosity of spirit. All your kindness ,of which I find myself undeserving. It touches me very deeply, and it gives me strength. forgive me my illegible writing. I wanted to add so much more. Thank you..
    ...See More
  • aprilneverends
    2 years ago

Dearest everybody,

I know ('m an egotistical (insert your own) wallowing in my (insert your own). I hope I'll be able to stay sane enough to better myself and all. I'm trying.

I just wanted to say...I'm grateful that you exist. I truly am.

Please continue to be. I'm so sorry I'm not following ..it doesn't mean I don't care. I do.

Happy New Year everybody. May it be healthy. and happy. and peaceful. and full of wonders, and full of grace. May all your dreams come true. May you and your loved ones be safe above all

With love, and hope,

yours,

April

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked aprilneverends
  • yeonassky
    2 years ago

April Happy New year to you as well!

Come and go as needed. We will just be here happy to fold you back in when you return! No need to be sorry or to make excuses! Life is messy and it takes lots of effort at different times. Big hugs!

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked yeonassky
  • Allison0704
    2 years ago

I somehow missed your post two months ago. Dang H does not always send notifications. I'm sorry you were/are scared, still so far from your husband and children, and the insurance issues are still not resolved. My wish for you in 2022 is for you to be back home with your family.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked Allison0704
  • maire_cate
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

April, what a treat to see your post this morning. It's the perfect time to wish you and your family a Happy New Year and to sincerely pray that this year is an improvement over the past one. You know you can stop in here anytime and we'll wrap our (collective) arms around you.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked maire_cate
  • salonva
    2 years ago

April, so delighted to see your post. Good morning- and happy and healthy 2022. You are missed.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked salonva
  • User
    2 years ago

I am so glad to see this post from you! Every time I see anything about Israel I think of you and your family. Be healthy and safe and come back to share with us here at your GW family as you are able.c

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked User
  • DLM2000-GW
    2 years ago

Dearest April - Wishing you peace and health in this new year and resolutions to all the hanging threads in your life. You are missed here but we know this can't be a priority at the moment. Stay safe.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked DLM2000-GW
  • OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Dear April, wishing you health and peace in 2022. Very happy to hear from you and I hope you can reunite with your family this year and resolve the issues you face. We are here for you and thinking of you often.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked OutsidePlaying
  • 3katz4me
    2 years ago

So happy to hear from you April - hoping you will find better days ahead in 2022.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked 3katz4me
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    Original Author
    2 years ago

April, thank you for checking in. What a lovely New Year's present for us here. I can only imagine how many plates you have spinning in the air right now. And how very hard things are.

May 2022 bring us all peace, joy and health.

PS Please tell me you don't have family in Ukraine, but I kinda think you do.

• Kaya
    2 years ago

April, sending you much love. ❤

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked Kaya
  • blfenton
    2 years ago

And Happy New Year to you April. I wish that this year brings you much peace and comfort for you and your family on both sides of the ocean. ((((hugs)))

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked blfenton
  • hcbm
    2 years ago

A very Happy New Year!!!! May this year bring better times for all.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked hcbm
  • lascatx
    2 years ago

April, thanks for checking in. I join those in wishing you a new year with all the things you need to find peace, strength and happiness.

• nutsaboutplants2
    2 years ago

April, my most sincere wishes to you for a better year ahead (and to humanity in general, but particularly you). Stay strong and please check in when you feel up to it. Much love.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked nutsaboutplants2
  • Lars
    2 years ago

April, I am concerned about your family in Ukraine, if you still have relatives there, and also the friends you have there.

What are your thoughts about the relationship between Ukraine and Israel?

How are you handling this latest crisis?

I am wishing all the best for you and can only hope that you are coping okay.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked Lars
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Goodness, yes, Lars.

Sending you all my best, April. I cannot imagine how many hard things you have going on right now.

• nutsaboutplants
    2 years ago

April, I know you have great inner strength, but I wish it didn’t have to be tested this much. As the world watches in horror the assault on Ukraine, we here on this forum have more particularized concerns and prayers for you.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked nutsaboutplants
  • bpath
    2 years ago

April, we have all been thinking about you and sending love.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked bpath
  • DLM2000-GW
    2 years ago

Dear April please know you are in our thoughts and prayers, wrapped in love across the miles.

• lascatx
    2 years ago

April, I wish I could do more than say we are thinking of you and your loved ones. Lars and Nuts have said that best, It doesn't seem enough, but I hope many thoughts, prayer and warm wishes will help. Be safe, be well, be strong, feel loved.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

^^^Yes, this sums it up. Lars and Nuts said things so well, so will simply send you my best, a hug, and let you know you are often in our thoughts. Take care of yourself.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked OutsidePlaying
  • yeonassky
    2 years ago

I agree Lars and Nuts are spot on. I will add my hugs as well.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked yeonassky
  • 3katz4me
    2 years ago

My thoughts are on you as well.

• salonva
    2 years ago

You are in our thoughts- and we'd love to hear from you.

(Honestly was thinking of you a few weeks ago and thought about reaching out even before the headlines.)

Hope you know we are thinking of you

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked salonva
  • chinacatpeekin
    2 years ago

April, my thoughts are with you and your family. I miss your posts in these threads.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked chinacatpeekin
  • aprilneverends
    2 years ago

Dear everybody,

thank you for not giving up on me. Thank you for checking on me. Thank you for you being you, Thank you for being there. I'm tremendously touched.

Small preface-I'm in CA..did everything I could for my Mom, the family decision was to move her to her place as it's a familiar one and now she has more help from NII, and seems to be making better progress. My brother adjusted the place to her current need(ivolved some remodeling), and I went with her and oversaw the transition.

My war w/NII though is currently lost, I'm a resident to all entities but them meaning I'm not insured, and as I was falling apart more andmore, I had to change my tickets for earlier so I can be seen by various doctors etc. Got really sick by the end, and as the US currently demands a test done within 24 hours of flight-I had no idea whether te flight will happen.

So instead of end March I'm here since last weekend

First I was etremelly jetlagged. Then as you all know things in Ukraine unfolded and excalated and continue to do so.

Day one, I was hysterical. I still found within myself to write to several classmates there that I've been in touch with, all he time, or from time...Not to all, but to several..

It's a strange feeling..you're afraid to bug people you understand they're going through hell-but you're worried like crazy and you just need to know they are well..alive..

They did answer and we contiue to be in touch..each time I write I apologize about me writing and ask stupid helpless questions and..well thy've been real sweet about it..

So yes, I do have friends there..

I also have some extended family-I'm not in touch with them, but my sister is...and she's worried like crazy because she "felt something" and begged them to leave and they didn't

(I also "felt something" for years already and my own daughter asked me tearfully " to stop predict things please". Like I've some magical powe or something..)

Day two, I fell into state that's worse than hysterical. It's more like..I can't talk, move, spund doesnt come out..some sort of quasi-catatonic? I have this sometimes when I'm immensely ssticken by something and it's the worst because one can't be active-and I need, I have to be active, I have to be calling people, writing to people, calm my Mom, calm my kids, ask stupid questions "what I can do?" even though-what can I do? not a lot. but who knows.

Yesterday it seemed to me I'm back to more "normal " state being able to actually talk, do. etc.

By the late evening though I lost my voice again.

We'll see what kind of a day will be today..

(it's irritating how some things never change and whatever happens thev posts are just too long..moment)

• maire_cate
    2 years ago

April it is so good to hear from you. As you can see we've all been concerned and hoping that you and your family were safe. I can't imagine what you're feeling or thinking, it's truly an ordeal of the soul. Your inner strength and resolve will help sustain you and of course we are all here anytime you want to check in.

Maire

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked maire_cate
  • czarinalex
    2 years ago

April.. it's so good to hear from you. It's good that your Mom is settled with more help. It's very good to hear that you are back home with your family.

I wish peace to Ukraine. I wish peace to all the world. I wish women ran the world, so we'd have peace.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked czarinalex
  • Jilly
    2 years ago

Hugs, April. You are so courageous.

I’m so sorry for all you’re going through. I hope each new day brings more peace and strength. ❤️

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked Jilly
  • 3katz4me
    2 years ago

So thankful to hear from you and to know you have returned safely to CA. Please try to take care of yourself so you can restore your health. You have been through so much.

• aprilneverends
    2 years ago

Answering Lars's question (did I say I am immensely grateful to all of you? I hope I did. but worth repeatng)..

The realtionship between Israel and Ukraine can be described as pretty good, warm one.

(of course russian speaking folks are kinda divided everywhere especially since 2014...but this whatever happens now..I don't know..families are being torn apart though allover. my friends are reporting it sometimes within their own families-talking about US friends and Ukraine friends, less so about Israelis. Mom's caregiver was from Donbass though so we had a earful. )

But there are currently tons of anti war protests, Azrieli buildings in Tel Aviv have a huge sign of two flags intertwined together saying "rogether tilll the very end", we trying to get Israelis and their families out, help communiies there, thinking about refugees, putting there a hospital on some border-we're considered the best in that types of response, sending humanitarian aid etc

We were briefly considered to act as a liason during talks , from my understanding..Israel or Hungary..they were debating whom to ask..only in my understanding the talks never happenned anyway. Or haven't yet. One can hope.

But. Israel has to be extremely careful in its dealings with Russia, as relationship between states can also be described as good, -and, well, we have their planes flying real close in Syria..say I'm in OC and planes are somewhere between Marina Del Rey and Long Beach..so, let's say OC is where my Mom is, and Marina Del Rey is Damaskus..

I'm not that great in politics, so it's hard for me to understand what their planes are doing there for years already, frankly interferring a lot with our interests and all, and adding to all the aggravation. Well I guess also "peace efforts" of sorts.

Iran of course expressed "understanding". Russia, I bet. I bet they'd love to have that button too. Are probably real envious right now. .

But we're restricted to neutrality because of all that jazz, and Jewish communities that are still there, and whatnot, and we couldn't give permission to help with "The Iron Dome" (US needs to ask permission per agreement with us if selling/giving to another party) in short there are tons of things we can't afford to do.

I can go on and on so it seems despite my miserable state..

If you want to ask me specific opinions I'd be happy to..for what they are worth..

For now I'll just add the guy (Putin) is completely unhinged, it's not about riches and power to him at least not anynmore as I see it..he sees himself probably as..well it's hard to explain, but it's not even medieval what's happening, takes me to some very ancient times....I hear the strangest things..animal sacrifices, shamanic rituals, whatnot. But I don't know whetherit's true.

I also see some strange things. Here, found on Quora..probably was some competition, for the best drawing? the aithor is a nine year old boy, obviously very talented (rthere are several more drawings/sculptures on the subject in that Qora thread)

"Putin steals a rainbow from gay people"

Gives one an idea about what's happenning in this poor country..look at imagery...no, I don't think sanctions will be particularly helpful.

I'll put the pic in another post

• aprilneverends
    2 years ago

(tons of typos..please forgive me..I just type very fast and don't even look at the end result..I'm sorry)

here, the drawing "Putin steals a rainbow from gay people"

Like really, imagine you're surrounded with this propaganda for years..

Of course they currently have many anti war protests too. Of course many people hate the guy

Will they take him out?

unlikely. As of now

A coup? Unlikely

I'd say though-has to be an inside job. I've no idea how else he can be stopped.

The weakness though is-currently it is about this guy. With all the huge machinery there behind him, and with him, and lots of support he gets..it's still one person who still is mortal despite what he probably himself started believing. With his inflamed brain.

Will it become all better? I don't know.

OK. As you can imagine I havent read other threads yet. I don't know when I'll get to that..as you can see my own brain is kinda malfinctioning at the moment..so no, I'm not sure how I'm handling it all..I feel pretty useless.

I can say to folks "come stay with me"..but the thing is-how the'll get even to the border? There are fights everywhere..they have mobilization now so men 18 to 60 (60!!!!!!) y.o. can't leave anyway..I bet if goes a bit longer mobilization will start in Russia too, and if anything is consistent in Russia-they've many people that they don't give a damn about. They always feel they can spare a few millions. No problem to them.

• User
    2 years ago

Sending thoughts of strength and health to you April and your family and those in your homeland. These times are so hard to understand. All any of us can do is take care of the circle of light that surrounds each of us. In so doing they join and become a light for all. c

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked User
  • Funkyart
    2 years ago

Much love to you, April.. and wishes for peace, love and strength to those affected in person or through connection to the horror in the Ukraine.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked Funkyart
  • DLM2000-GW
    2 years ago

Again April, I'm amazed at your strength in the face of sometimes overwhelming issues. Funky said all the rest perfectly - ditto.

• lascatx
    2 years ago

April, it is good to hear from you even when things are hard. Maybe especially then the way things are now. I keep thinking of times in history when the underdogs got crafty and beat the odds. I want so much for that to happen again. Stay strong. Stay in touch. Right now I feel like we need to hear from you as much as you may want to hear from us.

Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you so much for making the effort to write to us, April. Your words are always insightful. As ever, you and your family are in my prayers.

PS I am so relived you are back in California. And, please do not underestimate the good you have done for your mother.

• 1929Spanish-GW
    2 years ago

Also relieved you’re back. Remember that you’re best equiped to care others when you take time to care for yourself.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked 1929Spanish-GW
  • dedtired
    2 years ago

April, thanks for catching us up on your busy life. You are amazing.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked dedtired
  • barncatz
    2 years ago

April,

An old thread popped up tonight and I saw your name and thought - wait, where's April? I am not the shiniest tile in the backsplash.

So, I checked your activity and found this thread. I read the beginning and then skipped ahead to 20 days ago - glad to hear you are in CA but OMG.

Just wanted to add my warmest thoughts and hope for your well-being to the many other Houzzers who have sent their love.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked barncatz
  • lascatx
    2 years ago

I believe she was using the analogy of CA locations to give an idea of how close things are where she is, not that she is in CA now.

April, my heart breaks a little more with the news each day. I continue to pray for strength and peace and sanity abroad and at home. I hope you are safe and healthy -- the rest we all have to work on and do what we can.

• Lars
    2 years ago

Here's what she said on Feb 26 (23 days before March 21):

<Small preface-I'm in CA..did everything I could for my Mom...>

This indicates that she is in California, and probably Orange County.

This comparison of Lenin and Stalin makes Putin sound a lot like Stalin, and that is very scary.

I agree with April that Putin seems to be becoming unhinged, and that is very scary, considering Russian history and the millions of people's lives that are considered disposable by monstrous leaders. Maybe, as she points out, Putin can be destroyed from within. I think many of his so-called friends may feel that he needs to be taken out.

I do hope that April will be able to keep in contact with us. I do very much appreciate her insights.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked Lars
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Lars, I had my hopes set on the Ides of March.

• lascatx
    2 years ago

Thanks, Lars. I tend to catch up by reading quickly over some of these longer threads and trying to pick up where I left off. I must have missed something -- probably just read her last post. I am relieved she is back in CA and can get medical attention here, but heartbroken for Ukraine and all the families and relatives. And I agree with you both about Putin.

• aprilneverends
    2 years ago

Dearest everyone,

thank you for being here despite me not being able to write something coherent

I appreciate every kind and wise and heartfelt word of yours more than I can ever express.

I start every morning with checking that everybody's close to me still in Ukraine is, well. alive..and where's people who were able to make it out of there (including btw my cousin -she lives in Boston-who, without saying anything, 'cause she knew famlly would beg her to stay, went there a week before the war started to try and get one of her Ukrainian friends out-they found themselves under the occcupation on the second day, being in some village north of Kiev, sitting in basement, running out of water food etc). Somehow they made it to Kiev, that 's when I learned she's there-I was blissfully anaware of this fact. Then they were able to get to Lviv and now are in Lithuania and thinking what to do further_

I won't even start with other stories, can't bring myself to)

It's really hard to gather my thoughts,or my mental energy I was under some false imppression I do possess..I had my hopes set on Purim..oh well

I tried to pray but couldn't concentrate. The most I could say-and I made a point of trying each day- was something really childish. It helps in small things sometimes. Well it's no small thing and it didn't help.

Obviously if somebody with very weak powers like me is muterring something along the lines "spell, old woman, spell, old man, spell, grey bear in his den, make card win before my eyes-cast a spell so Putin dies" (I'm trying to translate as I go)

Pitiful...

Things are extremely bad-not only there's a "regular" war (that btw nobody's allowed to call a "war " in Russia", it has huge elements of civil war as people are so connected on both sides.

Almost all my friends here are in shambles -because their loved ones are suffering, and aldo because their other loved ones call them traitors

If I'm blessed in something-is not having this awfulness in my own family..I'd go insane. I'm aleady insane-THAT would do me in.

Oh it's literally parents telling to their kids who are being shelled in Ukraine "wait a bit more, you'll be liberated soon". Or-not calling them at all.

Telling my friends who live here they are traitors. For thinking differently..

It's awful

What happens in Russia? They become more and more Orwellian day by day

Things they say don't make any sense-like with these bio labs that supposedly US developed with Ukraine to use migrating birds and bats to fly whatever to Russia and being able to bring diseases to ethnic Russians only ..then it was "Slavs" (well Ukrainians are Slavs too, so what's the point of these magic bats then?) ..in short. the amount of BS would be funny if wouldn't be extremely scary

Don't look for truth, logic, etc,

They've their own "Ministry of Truth" now. Or how it's called

They already started compiling lists of "traitors" and "enemies".

I asked my husband whats' the difference-it appears that in Putin's mind, enemy should be fought with, traitor should be annihilated

them lists are of their own famous people, singers, artists, etc

Many people leave Russia right now too, I suspect will be harder to do in the future-unless things drastically change.

They already check phone and laptop histories on the border. They're just still lenient, not digging too deep yet-and folks delete whatever they can and lie they go for vacation

Refugees from Russia are living temporarily in our apartment in Haifa right now. If needed-we'd squish folks from Ukraine in there too, has another bedroom. The ones who are there now-well they asked first so first dibs..relatives of relatives..elderly people..

I need to wrap up for now, I guess I'll be back (for better for worse))

You made me smile with "not the shiniest tile in the backsplash"..can I borrow it?

Every smile right now is saving my mind. And I need it-to be useful.

Every word of support.

Please stay safe everybody

with love,

yours, April

• aprilneverends
    2 years ago

oj...so many typos..and forgot to say that yes, I'm in Orange County right now..I'm sorry ..

• lascatx
    2 years ago

No apologies necessary. I was in error in not seeing it, but I do hope you are able to sleep at night and take care of yourself -- at least most of the time. ((hugs))